Tuesday 16 December 2008

This will only sound like it's about hockey...

Let's rewind a few weeks...

Honeybee and I were working on a set design for a flu game for her fantastic Oshkosh/Wi-TECNe sim. The hockey season was finishing and our team The Cobras were in 4th place with no chance of getting into the playoffs...

I was beginning to work on the All Star stuff, Honeybee was beginning to work out the Awards stuff...the Euro league was struggling with a one sided lack of players and a lack of ideas...An argument started out of a bad joke...

Most arguments couples have tend to take something that isn't the real focus of the argument and twist it...this wasn't one of those...we are both very stubborn commited people, we are both intensely passionate about what we do and strive for perfection. This is great when we work together. Not so good when we're working on side projects and working on one main project and trying to get things sorted in our own way.

There were other issues, we were bounced around a bit and I'd deliberately taken us out of the NA draft process as we didn't need to add to confusion...This was a great idea or so you would think. The truth is that caused us some misgivings it's hard for either of us to take that kind of step back we're all or nothing types and that caused more heat to the fire.

In the midst of this I said "maybe we should take a season off" because if the SLHA could make us argue like this it could destroy us. We talked about that and when things calmed down we decided we didn't want to...then mid week it happened again...then the next week...etc...

Love is something you will give up anything to keep. And after many heated debates and a lot of tears/tantrums/if prim plates could break...We decided to step back...totally...leave the league for atleast a season...concentrate on other projects.

This was made harder because a lot of our friends are SLHA players, I think I can name 3 non SLHA players in my friends list. And one of our closest friends, Jack Belvedere is League Commisioner so telling him was one of the hardest things that Honoria and I have ever done...will ever do.

The projects we have coming up will be announced here but for now...it feels like we've had a great weight lifted off our shoulders and tomorrow is a new day...

Love means making sacrifices, I would sacrifice anything for Honeybee.

1 comment:

PhoebeRa said...

Awww...August that was truly a sweet sweet blog. I'm so sorry if I ever caused you and Honoria problems. I let someone influence decisions I made and feelings I felt for far too long inworld, until finally I truly was looking through my own eyes and not someone elses. Hope that makes sence...This is Phoebe Ra by the way...please pass this message along to Honoria. Take care U ~ and I wish you two good health and loads of wonderful memories to come.